Please note for Saddle Up 2021, we have not yet confirmed our horses. When you register, your camper will automatically be waitlisted. Once we confirm our horses, we will open registration and take the campers in the order they are waitlisted. If you would like, you may waitlist your camper for Saddle Up and register them for a different camp to ensure a spot at camp for 2021. Once horses are confirmed and we open registration for Saddle Up, you will have the option to switch to Saddle Up. If you have any questions, please call the office at 712-986-5193 or email us at email@example.com.
DescriptionYee Haw! C'mon out to the Saddle Up homestead with your bunk wagons for your lodging. At Saddle Up you will learn to respect and ride horses, and use your experiences to grow in your relationship with God. Saddle Up is designed to provide you with instruction in horsemanship, along with Biblical instruction, and a great camp experience. You will explore the camp theme, attend chapels, enjoy the pool, low ropes course, and more! Some meals at our Main Lodge with majority of meals prepared over the fire at Saddle Up. Enjoy waking up to the smell of bacon cooking over the fire right outside your Bunk Wagons!
- Level 1: Riders learn basic horsemanship in our arena. Enjoy activities which improve your riding abilities of balance and control of your horse. You will be riding with confidence in no time by the end of the week! Each camper will be assisted in their riding process with a Saddle Up Horse Helper (1:1 ratio). At the end of your week you will become a grooming, leading, mounting, and stop & go pro with your horse!
- No experience necessary!
- Level 2: Riders continue in arena lessons with faster paced activities to improve horsemanship. Reining and horse anatomy are important lessons this week as you broaden your knowledge of horses. Every two campers will have a Saddle Up Horse Helper (2:1 ratio) to assist them in their learning process. At the end of the week you will be an excellent reining and horse anatomy pro!
- Prior horse experience needed: Level 1 completed or more than one year of lessons/4-H horse club completed
- Level 3: Riders grow in horse knowledge by understanding the equipment and management of taking care of a horse. Your horse is counting on you this week to take care of it! You will ride the camp trails and enjoy the scenery as from your horse's back. Horse experience required as you are taking care of your horse. By the end of the week, you will be a tacking and trail master!
- Prior horse experience needed: Level 2 completed or more than two years of lessons/4-H horse club completed
- Level 4: Blazing a new trail! You will experience an out trip to the Newton Hills Trails for the week complete with camping, new activities, and of course trail riding. Advanced horse experience required as you are handling your horse in some new terrain. You will be a riding pro, handy helper, and expert on horse management!
- Prior horse experience needed: Level 3 completed or three years of lessons/4-H horse club completed
Level 1A - June 14th-18th
Level 2A - June 21st-25th
Level 3A - June 28th-July 2nd
Level 1B - July 12th-16th
Level 2B - July 19th-23rd
Level 4 - July 26th-30th
***For those wishing to attend Level 2, 3 or 4, please call the camp office at 712-986-5193 to assure proper placement before you register. There is a maximum of 12 campers per week. Note: Registration on the day you arrive for camp will be held at the Main Lodge.