Horse Lessons & Trail RIdes
Come on out for some fresh air and horse time!
Ready to grow in horsemanship at Saddle Up this summer?! Now you can! Sign your camper up for a single intro lesson or multiple lessons! Your camper will be able to learn with the wranglers how to grow in horsemanship! So grab a friend and check below for more options!
Single INTRODUCTORY Horse LEsson: $50
- Want a little taste of what it's like to ride? Join us for an hour and a half with the horses! During this time, you will get to know your horse, learn the basics of grooming, leading and riding! Lessons can be scheduled Tuesday-Saturday. AGE RESTRICTION: Those entering 4th grade on up!
HORSE LESSON Package: $160
Join us for 4 (1.5 hrs.) sessions! Pick the level's package that best describes where you are at with your horsemanship skills, or the level you would have been in for Summer Camp 2020. By the end, you will be ready to move up to the next level for Summer Camp 2021! All four sessions must be attended to receive certificate of completion. Lessons can be scheduled Tuesday-Saturday. AGE RESTRICTION: Those entering 4th grade on up!
- Level 1 Package:
- Riders learn basic horsemanship in our arena. Enjoy activities which improve your riding abilities of balance and control of your horse. You'll be riding with confidence in no time! At the end of your lessons, you will be a grooming, mounting, and stop & go master with your horse!
- No experience necessary!
- Level 2 Package:
- Riders continue in arena lessons with faster pasted activities. Grooming and horse anatomy are important lessons during this time as you broaden your knowledge of horses. At the end of the lessons, you will be an excellent neck reiner, groom expert, and horse anatomy pro!
- Prior horse experience needed: Level 1 completed or more than one year of lessons/4-H horse club completed.
- Level 3 Package:
- You are growing and learning as you understand the equipment and management of taking care of a horse. Your horse is counting on you during your time to take care of it. You will ride around the trails and enjoy the scenery as you escape in the hills. You will be a tacking pro and trail ready by the end of your lessons!
- Prior horse experience needed: Level 2 completed or more than two years of lessons/4-H horse club completed.
- Level 4 Package:
- Riders will continue to develop their trail skills! Join us on an extended trail ride from Saddle Up all the way down to Wilderness Camp! Perfect other great skills in the arena that challenges your horsemanship skills. You will be a riding pro, handy helper, and expert on horse management!
- Prior horse experience needed: Level 3 completed or more than three years of lessons/4-H horse club completed.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
HORSE Trail RIdes
Experience the horse trails of Inspiration Hills! Grab your family or friends and join us for a scenic 2 hour trail ride around camp. A maximum of 4 people can go at once. Rides can be booked Tuesday-Sunday depending upon availability!