Building & Grounds Manager
Click Here to Fill out the General Application Online!
Inspiration Hills is looking for a Full-Time year-round Buildings & Grounds Manager to supervise, coordinate and participate in maintenance and janitorial activities for the facilities and grounds. The right person must be able to acquire a CDL and a Swimming Pool Operator License. The applicant should be able to perform general electrical, construction, and have knowledge of basic tools and equipment. The applicant must be flexible on tasks assigned, work well with people of all ages, promote camp, and carry out Inspiration Hills Mission & Vision statements. They must be able to lead and supervise building and grounds staff and provide a safe work environment. The desire to live and work in a camp community and be a self-starter and organized is a must! Physical strength and capability to assess, observe and facilitate what needs to be done will be a high priority. We are looking for a dedicated and committed Christian.
This is a salaried position with housing included/paid utilities. Health Plan for Employee & Spouse is covered, and family plan is available. FSA Account provided, along with Paid Holidays and Vacation/Sick Days, Life & Disability Insurance paid for employee, Retirement Matching Plan available. The Buildings & Grounds Manager position is responsible for some weekend work when needed/applicable, and hosting volunteer groups when needed. Other camp benefits will be explained at Interview.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Supervise, coordinate, and participate in maintenance and janitorial activities with assistants engaged in these activities on a contract basis.
- Rotate with other staff in hosting weekend activities.
- Maintain facilities for trash collection, gas, electric companies, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and staff training as time permits.
- Assist in moving materials and supplies to appropriate areas in camp as needed.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Order equipment and supplies as needed, within the budget or with the approval of camp manager, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
- Be available or have maintenance staff available during all times when campers and guests are present for emergencies.
- Be acquainted with community fire, police, and emergency service departments.
- Keep and maintain camp vehicles in good operating condition. Repair or supervise repair by outside service companies as needed.
- Maintain grounds to reduce risk of danger or injury to persons using grounds and facilities.
- Maintain the roads and driveways of the camp property. Snow Removal/Keeping sidewalks and driveways clear/free of ice
- Maintain wells, pumps, water hook-ups, drinking fountains etc. to meet state water standards.
- Monitor and maintain sewer systems.
- Communicate daily with camp manager when possible, and set up a workable and productive schedule.
- Complete reports, bi-annually, for review by camp manager on progress, problems, and projections for repairs and replacement.