Inspiration Hills Womens Auxiliary was organized in 1975 for the purpose of promoting and supporting the work of the camp-retreat center through prayers, gifts, advertising, promotion, and fund raising.
MembershipMembership in the Auxiliary is open to all women who are interested in Inspiration Hills. To join us, please call Inspiration Hills.
Annual Members currently pay $5.00 per year dues.
Life Members pay $100.00 (can be paid in two increments).
Key Ladies serve as contacts with the women in their churches and help in getting announcements in church bulletins and community papers.
The annual meeting is held on March 23rd, 2017. After the business meeting, a special program is presented followed by lunch and a silent auction of craft and food items donated by the attendees. This auction is a major fund raiser for Auxiliary projects. Dues are collected at this meeting, and new officers are elected for a two year term.
The Harvest Dinner, to which all are invited,will be held inNovember of each year. The event celebrates Gods blessings of the past year. After the dinner, an offering is taken for Auxiliary projects, followed by an evening of entertainment.
This event is held on Memorial Day each year at Inspiration Hills and is sponsored by the Women's Auxiliary. This event kicks off summer camp programs. The day includes food, fun, and fellowship for people of all ages. A lively auction begins at 3:30 pm, followed by a concession-stand style supper served between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm. The evening's entertainment begins at 6:30 pm. Next year Bring your whole family for a fun - filled afternoon and evening!
Local Fundraisers and Gifts
Local women's ministries and other women of the church send contributions from time to time toward the various projects of the Womens Auxiliary. Some churches have special fund raisers (bake sales, auctions, suppers) in order to contribute to the projects of the Auxiliary.
Some of the Projects Funded by the Womens Auxiliary of Inspiration Hills
- Draperies for the meeting rooms and dorms
- Furniture for the Family Room
- Furniture for the private rooms
- Carpet for the private rooms and Family Room
- Meat slicer for the kitchen
- Swimming pool
- Shelter for the camp ground
- Playground equipment for the campground
- Trees and shrubs for the campground
- Tents for the Wilderness Camp
- Dishes for the Dining Hall
- Roof replacement
- Lift Chair for Private Rooms
- New 2013 sign at entrance
- Stove and Refrigerator for the Kitchen
- Remodeling of the entryway and carpet
- Private room Air Conditioning
- Laptop computer
- Data projector
- Remodeling of Family Room
- Electronic Keyboard
- Bistro tables & chairs
- New playground area across from swimming pool
- New kitchen, dining room, and living room flooring in House #2
- New paint in kitchen, dining room and living room in House #2
- Swings and soccer goals