FamilyLife partners with Inspiration Hills to bring you:
ART OF MARRIAGE RETREAT
The Art of Marriage Curriculum
For more than four decades, FamilyLife has been helping couples understand God's plan for relationships. In the Art of Marriage, they weaved together expert teaching, engaging stories, man-on-the-street interviews, humorous vignettes, and more to portray both the challenges and the beauty of God's design.
There are six sessions that cover the following topics:
- Session 1: Love Happens (Purpose of Marriage)
- God designed marriage and has a great plan in mind.
- The primary purpose of marriage is to reflect God's glory to a watching world.
- It is important to receive your mate as God's perfect gift for you.
- Couples naturally drift toward isolation.
- Our differences and weaknesses push us apart.
- Sin has affected every marriage.
- The gospel brings healing and reconciliation
- Couples must learn to walk by the power of the Holy Spirit in marriage
- God designed different responsibilities for men and women in marriage
- Though their responsibilities are different, men and women are still equal in value
- God calls men to sacrificially love and lead their wives
- God calls women to respect and support their husbands
- Conflict is common to all marriages.
- The goal is not to be conflict-free but to learn to handle conflict correctly when it occurs.
- Healthy conflict resolution occurs when couples are willing to seek and grant forgiveness.
- God created s* and has a wonderful design in mind.
- A satisfying s* life is the result of a satisfying marriage relationship.
- The ultimate purpose of s* is to bring pleasure and glory to God.
- To leave a godly legacy, we must think about the impact of our lives on future generations.
- Our hope for leaving a lasting legacy is through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Leaving a godly legacy requires putting a stake in the ground.
*please note that words have been modified for kid-friendly purposes*
**All information was taken from https://www.familylife.com/art-of-marriage/topics/
More more information, please visit this website.
How to Register
Registration opens November 1st!